Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Can't Wait Wednesday/Waiting on Wednesday #273: The Witch's Kind by Louisa Morgan


"Waiting on Wednesday" is a weekly event which had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with "Can't-Wait Wednesday" hosted over at Wishful Endings

Synopsis from Goodreads:

From the author of A Secret History of Witches comes an absorbing tale of love, sacrifice, family ties, and magic, set in the Pacific Northwest in the aftermath of World War II -- perfect for fans of Practical MagicThe Witch's Daughter, and A Discovery of Witches.

Barrie Anne Blythe and her aunt Charlotte have always known that the other residents of their small coastal community find them peculiar -- two women living alone on the outskirts of town. It is the price of concealing their strange and dangerous family secret.

But two events threaten to upend their lives forever. The first is the arrival of a mysterious abandoned baby with a hint of power like their own. The second is the sudden reappearance of Barrie Anne's long-lost husband -- who is not quite the man she thought she married.

Together, Barrie Anne and Charlotte must decide how far they are willing to go to protect themselves -- and the child they think of as their own -- from suspicious neighbors, the government, and even their own family...

The Witch's Kind by Louisa Morgan is due out Match 19th, 2019 from Redhook.

Why am I waiting on this one? I haven't read anything by this author yet, but I am liking the comparisons to other books in the same genre, especially Practical Magic. It sounds like it will have some magical realism or fantasy elements to it; I enjoy both. Two witchy type women and a baby, throw in a found husband and people curious about them all - it sounds like an interesting book to me.

What book are you waiting on this week? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!

10 comments:

  1. This one really interests me for the same reasons as you. Witchy Practical Magic similarities? Sign me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this as well as her other one. I loved The Rules of Magic and Practical Magic and always need more witchy things in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to read her other one too. Here's to hoping we both enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. This is new to me, but it sounds really good! I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy your pick as well.

      Delete
  4. This sounds wonderful -- and I like the comparison to Practical MAgic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice! Sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cover looks just wow. And I like the way the summary sounds. Magic is always good. And compared with a dangerous situation - perfect read. Thanks for sharing. My wishlist just grew *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one I really want to read. I have a copy too--and still unread.

    ReplyDelete