Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event that had been hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine where we spotlighted upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating. I'm now linking up with Can't Wait Wednesday hosted over at Wishful Endings.
From the Publisher: Sable Knight, owner and commissioning editor at the publishing house Day & Knight, knows a thing or two about crime fiction. But behind the glossy covers and gripping blurbs lies a darker enterprise. Her ‘special editorial services’ are far more lucrative than the average publishing deal. Some clients, let’s call them authors, need a little help plotting their entirely fictional killings. For the right price, Sable secretly commissions struggling writers to devise purely hypothetical murder plots — blueprints for the perfect crime. But when one secretive client’s plan to murder her wealthy husband goes off script, Sable discovers that the line between editor and accomplice is thinner than she thought.
The Murder Planner by L.C. Tyler is expected out October 22, 2026 from Allison & Busby.
Why am I waiting on this book? I want to see what happens with Sable. Does she know all along that these "clients" are using the plots she provides for nefarious reasons or is it a surprise to her when someone does? One reviewer said, "Sharp, cynical, and very funny, Tyler's The Murder Planner is a dark comedy about the thin red line between plotting a murder and committing one," G.M. Malliet. I'm curious as to how funny it is. I like some humor to the books I read when I can get it. And I wonder if she will get away with murder...
What book are you waiting on? Share it or a link in the comments so we can check it out and maybe add it to our ever-growing TBR lists. Thanks for coming by and Happy Reading!


I love this line in the synopsis. It's so cleverly written: 'But when one secretive client’s plan to murder her wealthy husband goes off script...'
ReplyDeleteLove that line! 😁
The line that stands out in your pick's synopsis is "Scared people can do terrible things." So true. Hope you enjoy Down Where Monsters Dwell by Hildur Knútsdóttir.
DeleteWhat an intriguing premise - I hope you enjoy this one!
ReplyDeleteYour book has an interesting premise as well. I wonder how the rest of the family will take his bringing in an outsider to their get together. Preaching to the Choir by Adrian Tchaikovsky
Deletelooks good. Hope you will enjoy it!
I love the plot premise too. I can't wait to read your review.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, The French Illusion by John Grisham does sound more like a spy/action story than his usual fare. Hope you enjoy it!
DeleteThis sounds very intriguing! Great choice!
ReplyDelete